The Saudi Arabia Section of the Combustion Institute, SASCI, is the regional chapter of the international Combustion Institute, CI, which is a learned society whose purpose is to promote and disseminate research into Combustion Science and Engineering. SASCI was established in 2011 and currently has around 280 members from within the Kingdom and the region. Since its initiation, SASCI has been the main combustion society in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, KSA, and has organized eleven annual meetings. These annual events aim at promoting combustion science within KSA and the region, through fostering a well-connected research community and providing a forum for young combustion researchers from academia and industry to present and discuss their research work. The meetings cover broad topic spanning a wide range of fundamental and applied combustion science and engineering.
SASCI Strategy 2022-2026
- Work towards registering SASCI as an incorporated independent entity;
- Proactively advance the discipline of combustion through a targeted communication strategy to inform members, to educate decision makers and the public about the need for combustion research and development as part of the sustainability drive into the future;
- Work to increase the participation of researchers from other KSA universities and institutes, in SASCI activities;
- Strengthen the knowledge exchange among the combustion community in KSA and the region, through targeted technical workshops, courses and seminars;
- Increase collaboration between academia, private sector, and government entities to help Saudi Arabia achieve its 2060 net-zero carbon goal;
- Promote inclusion and diversity in the combustion community in KSA and the region;
- Increase our involvement in the international combustion institute by electing a board member from our section and increase our participation in CI activities.