5th-6th October in Abha, Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the 12th Saudi Arabian Section of the Combustion Institute (SAS-CI) Annual Meeting. This year’s event will be held in person on October 5-6, 2022 in the mountainous region of Abha 2,200m above sea level.
During the conference, there will be two keynote lectures:
DAY ONE: Keynote Lecture – Dr. Jihad Badra, Saudi Aramco: Artificial Intelligence and Data-Driven Optimization of ICEs
DAY TWO: Keynote Lecture – Prof. Thibault Guiberti, KAUST: Canonical and practical ammonia-hydrogen flames
- Each presentation will be allocated 15 minutes in the program including 12 minutes for the talk and 3 minutes for Q&A so please plan to present within the allotted time.
- Please make sure your slides are in a format read by Windows OS and upload your presentation at the beginning of each day in the assigned meeting room.
- There will be a Best Presentation Award, so come prepared!
Jizan Gasification Plant tour details:
- The travel time from Abha to Jizan Gasification Plant site is around 2.5 hours. Buses will leave for the site visit at 12:30 on the second day of the conference and will arrive at the Plant at about 15:00. A 2-hour guided tour of the Plant site will be conducted by Air Products, however, all participants will need to remain within the bus for safety reasons. At the end of the site tour, the buses will bring back the participants to Abha. We can also organize a bus ride to Jizan airport for those interested. We will send a follow-up email to confirmed registrants to understand their travel preferences.
Hotel Booking information:
- As SAS-CI Conference 2022 is hosted in Abha Palace Hotel, we are pleased to let you know that we have secured discounted room rates for all conference attendees. The Superior Room with Mountain View is available at SAR 730 per night (inclusive of VAT) and the Deluxe Room with Lake View will cost SAR 865 per night (inclusive of VAT ). For confirming your booking at these rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr. Mohammed Amer at 0532445493. Make sure to inform the hotel about your participation in the Saudi Arabian Section of the Combustion Institute Conference to avail the discounted room rates.
If you have not yet registered you can do so using this link: https://forms.gle/deeXkNvLTgqc2jJy9